Sunday, July 11, 2010

Family Reunion in Bryce Canyon

This weekend we wet up to Bryce Canyon in Utah for John's family reunion. It was quite the drive, but totally worth it. I have not been up to Bryce Canyon since I was a kid. Surprisingly, it's exactly the same as I remembered it. At the reunion, they had fun activities such as hiking, rappelling, gun shooting, and shopping (clearly my sister-in-law and I went shopping one afternoon). It was really fun to see John with all of his family. He has a very strong background and a great family. Here are some pics from the event. :)
Here is a pic of me getting excited about our trip in Blondie (that's the name of my car).

Here are Charles and Jack in the back of the car. We were excited to take them. They had fun staying in our hotel room. Our dogs are living the high life. :)

Here is a picture of John and I in from of the hotel where we stayed. The hotel was called Ruby's Inn. I highly recommend it. It even had an indoor pool!!!

Here are some of John's nephews at the kiddie shooting range.

Here is John at the shooting range.
Funny story...they were all shooting clay pigeons and asked if I wanted to try. Sure why not? The very fist pigeon that was shot up, I shot perfectly. Needless to say...I might have impressed his family. lol

Here are some of our nieces and nephews. Aaron, Dana, Shayla, and Ethan.

Here are our nephews. Ethan, Kailab, and Alex.

Has anyone ever played the game of Rook before? This is a Bowler famous card game that they all love to play. We have been married for about 3 years and I still have no clue how to play.

Here is John and his brothers playing Rook the first night we were there.

Here we are with Bryce Canyon in the background. It's a beautiful national park. :)

5 comments:

Nick & Kristen said...

ohh your trip looks amazing! Glad u had fun!!!!!

Susie said...

What a FUN reunion - lots of stuff to do: food, games, activities - wow - I love it. I'm impressed with the clay pigeon story, and I'm glad it was just a CLAY pigeon. How lucky for Charles and Jack to spend the night in a hotel - they appear to be spoiled.

Katie and Howard said...

Before Howard and I were married, I went to his family reunion and the boys were all shooting clay pigeons. I tried it and shot the first one too! But I didn't shoot anymore after that. I didn't want his cousins to realize I had no idea what I was doing! It was beginners luck! ;)
Looks like you had a great time!

larryrobin6 said...

well, i missed you but glad you were having so much fun! :)

rubysinn said...

I so wish everyone could see that beautiful canyon in person. You can only imagine the whole panorama from my little photos.

Shopping in Bryce Canyon