Monday, August 8, 2011

Mt. Ord

This past weekend we went to Mt Ord to go "glassing" for deer. For those of you who don't know by now...I have been drawn to hunt a deer this year. I'm not sure if I'm ready to hunt, but I'll give it a whirl I suppose. The hunt is at the end of October, so at least it won't be too cold out. Anyway...back to this past weekend...it was a lot of fun! We were able to take the quads out and the weather was so much nicer than Phoenix (although it still was warm out).
Here is John glassing for deer (he didn't know he was being photographed...sneaky sneaky...).

Here is John once he has figured out I was taking pics of him. Isn't he cute?!?! His smile melts my heart. :)

We brought the dogs...they lasted about 2 miles and then were out of breath.

Playing in the cow water...yuck!

Jack gave up so we took turns giving him a ride on the quads. It was quite comical!

Here is a pic of me...

Here is another pic of me on the way back down the mountain. :)


3 comments:

Susie said...

You two and your adventures - so fun!! I loved everything about this post EXCEPT the fact that you are going to hunt BAMBI. Don't do it!!!

Howard and Katie said...

Looks like a fun day!! Your dogs are cute!! :)

Robin and Larry said...

Oh DEER! :(