Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lemon Meltaways

My Primary kids get to try different things that I make. I tend to make cookies for them about once a month. I try new recipes on them. They generally eat anything I'll make. lol Today I made some lemon cookies that my Aunt Susie had a recipe for. They are sooooooooooooo delicious!!! Here is the recipe. My kids will enjoy these tomorrow. :)

Lemon Meltaways
3/4 C. cornstarch, sifted
1/2 pound butter (two sticks)
1/3 C. powdered sugar
1 C. flour
Beat butter and other ingredients until creamy. Spoon small (quarter size) dollop on cookie sheet - bake at 350 for 10 minutes Let cool and frost.

Lemon Butter Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons milk
In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, juice, zest until smooth - beat in milk and increase speed and continue to beat until light and fluffy. You may need to add a little more milk to make this frosting a little runny and then drizzle it onto the cookies.
THESE ARE DELICIOUS - THEY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those sound good. I bought some lemon-glazed cookies at the grocery store today. We must be on the same wavelength.!

Robin and Larry said...

I keep saying I am going to make these... but they look so fattenning!
Let me know how they turned out! :)

Susie said...

They ARE fattening, that's why they are soooo good!!!