Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy...

This week has been super busy, as I'm sure everyone's lives are busy. 2 more weeks left!!! It's really weird to finally be wrapping everything up. I'm way excited!
On President's Day, we went hiking near our house. This time, I had John with me, so it went much smoother with the two dogs.
Here is our self portrait...
Another pic of us...
John and I have been taking a hunter safety class over the past couple of weeks and had to take our test. The test was held in Superior AZ at the fire station. I have never been in a fire station before. It was pretty neat. I took a picture of the bathroom. It is so cool to me that they they live there for certain days out of the week.
We took the test with our good friends the Zapponti's. Here is their son Jace. The whole class was full of kids from age 10-14. John and I were the oldest students in there (sad...lol). If I didn't pass the test (which was quite possible at this point) I would have felt pretty silly.
Here is the remainder of the crew after we all passed the test. John and I tied with a 96%...we were a little worried about me because I kept not passing all of the practice exams online. It's most likely because I have had a lot going on and tend to do better on actual tests rather than practice tests.
Here is Jessica and myself. She is one of the Laurels in our ward. She passed her test a couple of years ago...and came for support. :)
So...we passed the test on Wednesday and then had to go back Saturday morning for the field test. The field test is to make sure you know how to handle a gun properly and practice safety.
We had to cross a fence properly when handling a gun (there are rules for this) and we did a simulated hunt. It was really cute to see the young boys in our class get really excited about tracking an animal. I kept forgetting that I was in the class. John and I were the only ones in our class to cross a fence properly as a pair. We did the demonstration (I am laughing while I'm writing this). I love my John, He is too cute!
Here we are on the way to field day...
Here are Jace and Josie. They passed as well. They are twins. It's fun having them in Mutual.
And here I am with my certificate of hunter safety achievement. If you look closely, they added a M for my middle initial. Not really sure why. hunter safety was a fun experience and I'm glad that I know more about safety. I think that every person who wants to handle should take the class. Very informative!

3 comments:

Robin and Larry said...

Becky M. Bowler? When did you change your middle name? ha! ha!

May?

Susie said...

I thought the same thing!! You AMAZE me Becky - thinking of you handling a gun..... and hunting, I prefer to think of you receiving your master's degree.

Nick & Kristen said...

You look so pretty in that pink camo!!!! I miss my Becky