Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nutshell

Here is the week in a nutshell...
The countdown continues...3 more weeks to go!!!
Monday was Valentine's Day! Lots of fun being showered by John. This year I received Tulips. They were really pretty. A different gift for me, is that he is going to plant some rose bushes in our front yard. For his Valentine's Day gift...he received some new binoculars.
Some of my flowers in the front are top heavy and tipping over. We cut them and here they are!
Tuesday was mutual and I found out that I'm going to Girls Camp!!! I think I may have been more excited than some of the girls!
I finally broke down and purchased a planner for my busy life. It's a Steven Covey Planner! It's the planner of all planners. John purchased one in January and loves his. I already feel more organized by writing things down. I think it's adorable and it fits perfectly in my purse!
Today, John went hunting with one of his buddies, and I had the day to myself. I decided to take the dogs on a hike up to Silly Mountain (even though it looked like it was going to pour). We had a lot of fun! I'm not sure what got into me. I'm generally ok with taking one dog on a hike. Two was a little crazy.
Here was the only pic I got of them. It was so windy and when we got close to the top, it started raining, which is to be expected because it rained most of the day in Phoenix.
Here I am. Not the greatest pic, but I got a new hat this week. I think it's fun!

4 comments:

Susie said...

How adventurous of you to take TWO dogs on a hike up a MOUNTAIN!!

I LOVE your planner - I bought a new purse a month ago the same color green - and I LOVE it!!

Post pic of your new bedroom decor, I can't wait to see how the dresser turns out. I'm so ready to move and decorate with all different colors, - but I'll wait patiently - but keep gathering ideas and such. I'm in love with a gray corduroy couch from Crate and Barrel.

I can't believe you only have three weeks until you graduate - WOW - what a HUGE accomplishment.

Daniel is doing great - he LOVES being a missionary!

Robin and Larry said...

Ha...Ha! I love the new look for your blog... very cute! You are getting so good at this kind of stuff.. very creative! :)
It finally rained last night down here....

The Bowlers said...

We love hiking Silly Mountain! Next time you go let us know we can get our dogs and your dogs together. We'll definitely more hikers to keep up with 4 dogs but it sure would be fun.

Nick & Kristen said...

SILLY mountain...I love SILLY mountain! :) And I love your HAT!!!