Sunday, March 14, 2010

Waffles

My dad is pretty much the best waffle maker on the planet. I don't mean to brag...but it's true. This weekend my parents came up to visit with John and I and this morning...we were surprised with waffles. They are not just any waffles mind you...they are made with strawberries, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and homemade maple syrup. They were absolutely delish!!!
Here is a picture of the final product...I know you are wishing you were at our house this morning...

Here is Chef Larry Shipley...we'll have to get him a chef's hat to wear next time!!!

Here are the parentals in the kitchen...

Alexis joined us as well. Here she is eating some strawberries by the bar...

Here I am with my plate of the wonderful waffles...

My mom and I went out for a walk this morning. I took her over to a state park over by our house for a nice stroll...and my mom ended up finding an deer head...she took it home because she felt sorry for it...she has named it Cooper and it is now sitting in our garage. Talk about random!!!

That's what has been going on with us this past weekend. Hope everyone has a nice week. :)

5 comments:

Robin and Larry said...

Too fun... to be sure! :)
Loved the little hike this morning.. sorry we had to leave Cooper up there with you.. but we have animal ordinances down here..
Have fun grilling tonight..:)

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

That deer head is kinda gross! LOL!

Linda said...

What I would like to know, "Where is the rest of the deer?" The waffles do look delish--hmm, they don't live to far from me.

Katie and Howard said...

Yum! The waffles look great!!! :)

So random your mom found a deer head while on a walk. SO RANDOM!!! haha

Sharron said...

Tell your mom she needs the other end, it's more edible!