Wednesday, October 1, 2008

If You Like Bambi You Might Not Want To See This




John got drawn to hunt elk this hunting season. He left last Wednesday and got back yesterday.(Tuesday) I was going crazy without him here. On Sunday after church, I decided to go up to Woodruff to go and visit. I was able to get Monday off of work as well which was way nice. Anyway to make a long story short...John hadn't been able to get an elk the whole week and thought it would be fun to take me out hunting along with his brother. We woke up at 1:30 am and left for the mountains. I of course slept most of the way there and when they were getting ready to get out of the car and go hunting...I decided to stay in the car because for 1...my hiking boots were already giving me issues and 2...I was still really really tired. So I stayed in the car and had a really odd dream about a Sarah Kane script that I'd been reading through. All of a sudden the truck door flew open and we had to go and load an elk that John shot. It was really cool...yet really gross all at the same time. I think that the pictures explain it all.

7 comments:

Nick & Kristen said...

THAT IS SO FREAKIN SICK!!! WHAT HAS JOHN DONE TO OUR LITTLE BECKY??? LOL EWWWWW!!!! You should mount those Antlers above your bed! lol hahaha

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I was thinking the same thing! Becky, I'm sure you never in a million years saw camouflage and hunting in your future. It's funny what love does to us. I'm glad it's a hobby you can enjoy together- just don't post all the pictures for us to see.

dhillman said...

Those comments are so funny! Thanks for making me laugh today. Hey, tell John congrats!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the elk! That looks huge! I don't think I could do that, but that is quite the trophy!

Debbie's said...

Go Becky! Hunting's not an Olsen thing, but I visit taught this girl who was married to a dentist who spent a couple months out of the year hunting. They lived in this mansion and literally every inch of wall was covered in animal busts and stuffed critters. It was cool, but not my thing :P

Linda said...

Wow, mountain girl conquers the wild elk! I'm sure John must be so proud!

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

You go girl! Although, I do agree with Kristen that it is incredibly gross!Haha! Watch out for Becky!!!