Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pink Eyed Puppy

I bet you didn't know that you could catch pink eye from a dog? Let me first introduce you to the newest member of our family. Pictured below is our new puppy Jack. For those of you who didn't know, our dog Dean had to be put down due to lung disease. Dean passed away a couple weeks ago. We decided to get a new dog because our other dog Charles was getting lonely. Let me introduce Jack. He is a 8 week old Boxer puppy. He is the cutest ever. He was acting normal for about a week and then he looked like he was coming down with allergies or something. His eyes were all red. This was on Friday. On Monday (Memorial Day), I woke up with a swollen eye. On Tuesday I went into the doctor and found out that I had pink eye. My doctor said that pink eye can be passed from animal to human. I honestly thought it was a joke. I finally broke down and took the puppy to the vet and confirmed that he had pink eye as well. So yes,I caught pink eye from a dog. It has been a long week in the Bowler house of being sick. We are glad to finally be feeling better.



7 comments:

Linda said...

I think boxer puppies are the cutest ever! I didn't even know dogs could get pink eye. I'm sorry for your loss of your other dog. Were you sad? He wasn't very old was he?

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

Hey Becky! It looks like both our families are growing. Your puppy is such a cutie- hope you both feel better soon!

Robin and Larry said...

Oh Jack... you are so cute!
The pokey little puppy has pink eye!
Hope you and mommy feel better soon!

dhillman said...

Glad hear you are all feeling better! That dog is so dang cute!

Susie said...

Jack is adorable!! Welcome to the family little one!! Pink eye is not fun - I had no idea you could catch it from a pet. Hope you are feeling better!!

Christi said...

Ahh!!! You puppy is adorable!! Pink eye is not fun at all....I hope everyone is doing better.

Andrea said...

Your new puppy is adorable! I love puppies! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My dogs are my babies so I know it must have been hard for you. I love the new guy though. He looks like he will keep you busy!