Thursday, June 26, 2008

Charles The Hefer



Charles is getting so big. He now weighs 51 pounds. Yikes. We were getting worried about him because he wasn't eating his food this past week, yet he seemed to be gaining weight. John went outside this morning to take out the recycling and lo and behold, Charles was in the shed helping himself to the whole bag of dog food. It was classic. One of his favorite things to do this summer is play in the sprinkler and drink from the hose. We even gave him a baby pool to swim in so he can cool off. He won't just relax in the pool... He has to get a running start and then jump into it. Then he gets out, dries off, and repeats the process. It's quite comical. He's so determined. We love our Charles. He's such a good boy.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my, Spike (God rest his soul), used to do the same thing - I loved it when he would play in the sprinkler - Charles is sooo funny!!

Susie said...

PS - I forgot to mention, do you remember Elizabeth, our sheep? Well, she found her way into the feed stall and ate a 25 pound bag of grain and then added some water and it was "bye bye" Elizabeth - (God rest her soul too!) - Keep that "Little Hefer" under control!

Moeller Family said...

Hey Becky! It's Alicia and Brett! I just found your blog by accident and thought we'd say hi! Looks like you guys are loving married life-that's awesome. Cute dog! We have a blog too, but it's private. You can email me at: nursingroxs@yahoo.com and we'll send you an invite. :)

larryrobin6 said...

Looks like you made the top 10!
Congratulations Becky! hahaha!

John and Becky Bowler said...

I'm your #1 mom! Don't forget it!

Nick & Kristen said...

lol.....I rest my case again....the Bowlers need a human baby! lol

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for 'blog stalking me'- I'm surprized I didn't find you first. I spend WAY too much time on here! Your puppy is super cute and I'm jealous of you new house (we have been waiting 9 months for ours and still 4 more weeks)- it looks really nice. I love blogging and look forward to catching up.