Saturday, September 13, 2008

Golden Butterflies











Nick and Kristen got into town last night and we all went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was really good. Poor Kristen though...the waiter kept messing up her order...Then, Kristen and I woke up real early this morning to participate in a 5K run for Sickle Cell Anemia. We were excited to run in an actual race. We even had matching shirts. We called ourselves the "Golden Butterflies"...because of the gold butterflies on on shirts. (if you couldn't figure it out) We did great!!! We didn't come in last so that's a plus. :) And we got the T-shirts that we wanted. After the race, we went to a gas station to get granola bars and everyone in the gas station kept asking us about our race because we were still wearing our numbers. Kristen and I felt a little famous. Totally kidding!!! Then we went to the mall to do some good old fashioned shopping. And now we are finally at home relaxing. Where were John and Nick during this whole time? They went golfing all day. All four of us had a very fun day!

10 comments:

Susie said...

HOW DID YOU DO????? Kristen looks a little more enthusiastic - HA!! Love your uniforms!!!

Robin and Larry said...

I am so proud of my girls! :)
Great Job!!!

McCooks said...

congrats! Next time you do one, I'll join you guys :)

Linda said...

You go girls! Congrats on your race. I am proud of you.

The Baker Family said...

That is awesome that you guys did that race. You are more brave then I. I'm no where near doing something like that. Congrats on your achievement and your hard work. I like your shirts. That's fun.

The Baker Family said...

That is awesome that you guys did that race. You are more brave then I. I'm no where near doing something like that. Congrats on your achievement and your hard work. I like your shirts. That's fun.

Andrea said...

Congrats on your first race! It looks like you guys had a great time and I love the shirts!

Davis said...

Good job on the race!! Looks like you had fun and that shirt totally fits you!

ALEXIS SHIPLEY said...

I am being disobedient right now. You and kristen make me laugh. Only a year and a month and then us three can do a race together. You two are Blinging in those shirts p.s.

dhillman said...

wow...am i impressed with the two of you. that is nothing new, but a continual state of being for me!
way to go!