Thursday, July 10, 2008

Corolla Car Crunch


Isn't this car hilarious? I meant to take a picture of my car...but this car is just so much better. I love anything that is pink!!! So maybe...I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a very good driver. Recently I was at my parents house in Tucson and I backed out of thier driveway and ended up running into the fence. It was not a pretty site. Yesterday I got home from work...pulled into the garage...shut the garage door...and then heard a crunching like sound. Silly me...I didn't pull the car in far enough and the garage door came slamming down on the trunk of my car. I know what you're thinking...Wouldn't the garage door immedietly go back up once it felt that something was in the way? Nope...sure didn't. So now I have some indents of the garage permanetly indented on the trunk of my car. I keep telling John that I just need to be driven everywhere. He thinks I'm nuts!

8 comments:

dhillman said...

Where did you see that car? I have problems with my garage and my car too. I left the hatch, or back back door of my car open and then shut the garage door, so that each section of the garage door caught and then pulled the car door down, till it was loose and then flew back up only to be caught by the next section of the garage door...do you get the picture? My car is scratched up, and so is the garage door. And I did that not once but twice, only the second time I had the sense to stop the garage door!
But don't tell anyone ok?

Linda said...

Doesn't Danette know everyone reads these blogs? And this to shall pass Becky, sounds like you've kept your sense of humor. Good for you!

Robin and Larry said...

Becky, report it to your insurance and submit a claim.

Christi said...

Ahh...I love you Becky! I can just hear you relating this story in person. Keep a smile on your face :) Just remember the good old days with the neon...thinking of our first driving experiences always makes me laugh :)

Nick & Kristen said...

I don't know if I ever told you this, or anyone. Right around the time Scott got his license, I accidently plowed into mom and dad's fence and actually knocked one of the wooden railings off, and then blamed it on SCOTT!!!! lol Shhh....don't tell anyone! lol Sorry parents....and sorry Scott!

Susie said...

Oh, dear Becky, I feel for you, we have all had our moments - I too backed out of your parents driveway and ran into the house number ($l,700 damage-ugh), I thought I'd ran someone over - so I was relieved it wasn't a person!! BUT, the worse was when I backed out of our driveway in Phoenix and hit Kenny's truck, oh boy, that was the best!!!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

i like the idea of you being driven everywhere! aghh! driving does scare me sometimes... at least you haven't hurt anyone or yourself yet. at that point, you should totally get a driver!

Bethany said...

Haha That's so funny! You be careful!